Friday, August 31, 2012

Hope Through the Struggle

I've been struggling to find the foundation of my faith these last couple months. Maybe you can relate to this feeling of having lost your footing to your beliefs or values; not feeling like you're standing on the ground you once knew was solid under you.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to admit that I may have lost sight of the kingdom of God quite yet. Regardless of the truth of that statement I know that I have not given up on the gospel narrative. The reality of the incarnation floods my daily living from the light of a new day revealing redemption from yesterday's burdensome mistakes, to the peace and rest I find in the quietness of myself. I know these truths because I have taken them into myself, ingested them, meditated on them.

Though I will continue to wrestle through my thoughts, emotions, and experiences surrounding this struggle of faith, I know without any doubt that there is hope. When my faith waivers I have hope. When I allow my poor judgment and lack of self-control to get the best of me there is hope for a tomorrow characterized by love, selflessness, and kindness.

I haven't lived long enough to really know anything, but from the few experiences I do have I think it is safe to say that the struggles are unending throughout our journeying in this life. They may take different shape, or become less (or more) emotionally intense over time, but the struggle will always be present.

Whatever the struggle might look like for you, or the struggles that you see around you -- and there are many -- be a bearer of hope, a bringer of light. Hope on behalf of those who can no longer hold onto it. It is sometimes the only thing that spurs resiliency or ignites the possibility of change...

Hope is sometimes all we have.


Kat
Follow me on Twitter @katherineboldt



----- Subscribe to The Mustard Seed Blog via RSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comments are extremely welcome on all Mustard Seed Blog posts. Staff, volunteers and guests are always in need of encouragement and are always willing to participate in healthy dialogue. We ask that all critical comments be fair and relevant to the post.