Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cutting Hair for a Cause



Meet Art, The Mustard Seed’s volunteer barber who cuts hair on Thursdays. He has been a barber for over sixty years. Art started supporting The Mustard Seed by making financial donations and then decided to donate his talent and time as well. He says he enjoys his volunteer work with The Mustard Seed in Edmonton.

“I’ve really noticed how genuine people are. Many people say thank you after I cut their hair and I feel like my skills are valued by the community,” he says.

Art is a Christian who wants to share his faith while cutting hair so he hopes that through his skills and chats, he is able to help those in The Mustard Seed’s community on their journey. He truly believes that God’s great love for all of mankind is in action at The Mustard Seed.

“I see God’s love in action every Thursday through the community, staff and other volunteers,” says Art.

Why does Art keep coming back to volunteer?

“The great staff who encourage me and make me feel welcomed and valued keep me coming back. The community is gracious and kind. I enjoy the atmosphere and I feel like I am really a part of the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comments are extremely welcome on all Mustard Seed Blog posts. Staff, volunteers and guests are always in need of encouragement and are always willing to participate in healthy dialogue. We ask that all critical comments be fair and relevant to the post.